In these British Isles, the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency or DVSA has statutory powers to issue MOT certificates. An MOT test is essentially a test for roadworthiness and is essential for any car that is over 3 years old. An MOT-failed vehicle is not legally permitted to ply on roads and will attract heavy penalties if authorities detect them.
2 common types of an MOT test in Tradeston, Glasgow include Class 4 and Class 7 MOTs. When you visit our facility, Tradeston Performance, we carry out MOT tests with experience and certitude. In and around Glasgow, we also lead the way in carrying out vehicular repairs to help you pass the MOT.
Class 4 MOTs
A Class 4 MOT is the most common type of MOT test in Glasgow, as it is a huge industrial metropolis with embedded business districts. Such an MOT test applies to:
- Vehicles that carry up to 8 passengers.
- Motor caravans.
- 3-wheeled vehicles weighing 450 kgs and above.
- Dual-purpose vehicles (personal and commercial use).
- Privately-owned and public service cars capable of carrying up to 8 people.
Most passenger cars in the UK must get a Class 4 MOT pass certificate, known as the VT20 certificate. If you are unsure of whether your vehicle falls in this category, contact our experts at Tradeston Performance.
Class 7 MOTs
All commercial vehicles with a DGW (Design Gross Weight) between 3000 and 3500 kgs must pass a Class 7 MOT check in Tradeston to continue plying legally in this part of the UK. The DGW represents the total un-laden weight of a vehicle.
Tests which MOTs cover
Both Class 4 and Class 7 MOT testing services are comprehensive and cover a lot of ground. If you have recently failed an MOT, you can visit us immediately. Our facility, Tradeston Performance, can carry out necessary repairs and replacements to help you pass the test on the next attempt.
Here is a condensed list of the fields an MOT covers.
1. Whether the VIN is correct and readable from a distance.
2. Whether all lights, including tail-lights, headlamps and all indicators, besides internal lights, are functional and are focused correctly.
3. Checks of the steering and suspension components.
4. Windscreen checks, including stringent inspections of damage.
5. Whether the horn is in order and can safely warn other fellow commuters.
6. Whether seatbelts and other restraining systems are in order.
7. Emissions, door integrity, bodywork, mirrors and windshield wipers are inspected closely.
After major adjustments to the existing MOT rules in 2018 were rolled out, our technicians have observed that more people are failing their MOT test in Tradeston, Glasgow.
This is where we come in!
Contact us today
To ace an MOT check in Tradeston, Glasgow, contact us for all MOT-related affairs, associated tests and repairs. Tradeston Performance has a team of experts who can handle every query and challenge about MOTs.
Visit our website for additional details!